Saturday, April 13, 2013

Fair Winds And Following Seas, Marine

As I sit here in my newly established office, out side of the rotor head bar and the Soulshine grill. I am ready for a relaxing Saturday afternoon listening to music and enjoying some beautiful weather.
My thoughts and reflections have been on the passing of an American icon.

There once was a seventeen year old young man from the state of Ohio. This young man came from a broken home, was raised by his Grandmother. As he turned seventeen, and with his country at war he joined the Marines. He went on to serve through out the Pacific theater of World War II, and earned his combat ribbon during the battle of Okinawa. Wartime service always changes people, for good or bad. In this young mans case, as he returned to the changed world, he devoted his life to making people smile and laugh. He stared in over fifty movies, and several television shows, as well as making numerous recordings of sketch comedy. Many in my age group may remember his silly characters, even playing Robin Williams son on Mork and Mindy.

I am writing of course of Jonathan Winters. Today I want to thank you for your service to this world and to the United States of America. I most of all thank you for being United States Marine Corporal, and infantryman. You left us a better world, and I like you quote on service "I've always been proud of being a Marine. I won't hesitate to defend the Corps." Jonathan Winters, comic and Marine

Neither will I. Rest Easy Marine.


 Old Master Chief sends.

No comments:

Post a Comment