Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Fishing For Answers, Prayers For Boston

As I came in last evening to write the days fishing report, I was rocked to hear the news out of Boston. This dampened my enthusiasm to a great extent, but now as reflect, I choose not to be dampened, because that is what terrorist want and we shall not let them win.

Boston is a sea going town, and I am a sea going man. The good folks of Boston speak with a regional accent and so do I. They love baseball in Boston, and so do I. My beloved Braves were once many years ago, a Boston team, they even traded away Babe Ruth. The beginnings of our fight for freedom as a country began in Boston, as today we fight once again for our personal freedom. So I just want to send out an old sailors love to his friends from the area, and to let everyone there know, you are in my thoughts and prayers.

Yesterday on the water around the island was a good day, the sun was breaking through and burning the clouds off after a stormy, rainy night. The trout at one point were very hungry, and were eager to bite just about anything we could toss out in the water. The day wrapped with my partners twenty minute light tackle fight on a four foot bonnet head shark. The shark was photographed and released back into the sea, but the trout went home for dinner.


Thus ends the fishing report, and back to my thoughts of my friends up north. Boston, put your swagger back on, hoist a few lagers, cheer for the Sox! You will not be beaten by a coward, you never have, never will be. I send to you my prayer from the book of Psalms, May the Lord give strength to his people! May the Lord bless his people with peace!Psalm 29:10-11

Old Captain sends

No comments:

Post a Comment