Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Funky Times

OK, I have been in a terrible funk as of late and been very neglectful of this blog. I was always told as I was growing up that if you could not say something nice, then don't say any thing at all. Well that's where I am. Depressed by the amazing lack of integrity of some of the people whom I work for. It seems to me that honesty among Naval Officers is no longer a desirable commodity.

Maybe this is how it ends when you have stayed too long. To my retired Brothers, I really miss you guys now, and I can't wait to join you.

I promise to write more, and better posts very soon.

Cheers,

2 comments:

  1. I ran in to a few of those along the way, glad my last tour was not that way. When are you joining the retired ranks? I have about 5 more weeks of pay left then I will be really retired.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As pathetic as it may be, when the man at the TOP of the Govt. totem pole isn't honest it should be no surprise that this trait wouldn't be tolerated in or valued by those closest to him ... and those under them. Just be glad that you're far enough removed from the top that they can't hold a gun to your head and require you to give up your own integrity. Unfortunately, you're also too far enough up that proverbial totem to be completely insulated it. Your example, however, will be seen by all and that should be enough for you to sleep well at night - hang in there Scott! The roller coaster does come to a stop at some point and you can get off the ride knowing you did it right.

    ReplyDelete