Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Fishing For Integrity

The 31st Commandant of the Marine Corps, General Charles Chandler Krulak, once told me that the book of proverbs should be called "the practical book of ethics".  On this I could not agree more, most especally as I remember by Dad today on his birthday.

I am glad for all that my Dad taught me about fishing and hunting, as well as about life in general. While we always didn't see things the same way, mostly because of wreckless ways, I always respected him. Maybe over time I got smarter, I like to think so anyway. He taught me how to hunt and fish, and he showed me how important it was to take care of your family, and to be a man of faith. Mainly it was the way he lived, that was always the best example to me. He was ethics and integrity.

Proverbs 20:7 pretty much suns it all up, as it states " The righteous walk in integrity—
happy are the children who follow them!" Today I am happy that I had the Dad I did, he taught me what I needed know to be a success in life, a naval legand, and well on my way to being the greatest fisherman ever. Happy Birthday Pop, I love you.

Old Captain sends.  

   

No comments:

Post a Comment