Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Too Much Fishing Gear?



There is no such thing! You might as well say you've had too much fun. A person who plays golf is allowed to have fourteen clubs in a bag, I am as at least as entitled as a golfer. Every rod and reel has its own special use, there just is no, and I repeat no one size fits all in fishing gear.

I own the gambit from deep sea trolling rods, to ultra lite pan fish rods. I have fly rods, and bait casters, spinning rods, and black widow poles, that I fish the swamp with. Along with rods and reels, one must have a good selection of hooks, sinkers, lures, and bags and boxes to keep it all in. We are lucky in this day in age to be able to order all this gear and have it delivered right to our very door, which also means I get a lot of catalogs in the mail, that wind up stacked on my reading table.

Since the two young adult males and I now share bachelor officer quarters, we can even decorate with our fishing gear, and why not. It reminds me of happy times. Some guys, have a man cave, I have a man house, not that I wished for this, but I am determined to make the best of it.

So if you are a non fishing type who shares time and space with a fisherman, give them a break and embrace their ad vocation and their gear. Always remember fisherman are the best people, when Jesus needed help he went to the docks, not the golf course.

Matthew 4 :19.

By the way the fishing is great, spring is upon us, and after a light rain last night everything is fresh and greener today. Get out and enjoy God's beauty.

Old Captain Sends.

No comments:

Post a Comment